In a world where everything is getting more complex and we are all experiencing personal information overload, there is a growing need to understand the tools and processes that are used to make sense of complex subjects and situations. These tools aren’t hard to learn or even tough to implement but they are also not part of many people’s education.
Information Architecture is a practice of making sense. A set of principles, lessons and tools to help anyone make sense of any thing. Whether you are – a student or professional, a designer, technologist or small business owner, an intern or executive – learn how information architecture can help you make sense of your next endeavor.
“We live amongst a mounting mess of information”
- People make this mess of information.
- Information architecture helps us make sense.
- Language matters. Structure is rhetoric.
- We must deﬁne good realistically.
- We must make diagrams and prototypes to understand each other’s models of the world
…my hope is that the world will make a whole lot more sense. If we all think a little harder about the information we architect… (a girl can dream )